Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Most useless gadget 2007? WAS [Re: Christmas gadgets]

Because of it's size... you can stick it in a large coat pocket, and
because it runs X86 not some ARM/Xscale/Omap/etc, you get real desktop
OS on it that you can install 'proper' apps on...
And thanks to the onboard webcam and Wetherspoons pubs free Wifi, you
can now Skype video call your friends who live abroad while you're in
the pub... :)

LoL

On 12/24/07, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Depends what you use it for...
>
> I've currently got a seven year old Toshiba Portege that we only use
> for surfing the web, reading email via gmail, playing online chess,
> Skype etc., it's getting a bit slow and takes an age to boot. If all
> you want it a browser a few other things something like a 10" eee
PC

<stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Might wait and see if Asus do a 10" version of the eee
PC and spend
> > > the money on that instead.
> >
> > I really fail to see what the attraction of these things is. It's
> > small PC that's too small to be any use other than a glorified
PDA.