RE: Auto Filling Bath Project...

> I'd always thought I would put another inline electric valve in
the

Good call... I'd not thought of that....sometimes the obvious isn't
obvious :-)

I suppose that the one down side is that  if I could automate the actual
plug (rather than a secondary valve) then I could automate the actual
emptying of the bath as well. e.g. a set period of time after filling
(2hrs.. or when no occupancy detected etc) the bath would empty itself,
or maybe it should always empty before filling.  Possibly even a pulsor
glued to the back itself could detect if someone was in or out of the
bath...

You wouldn't think that this was really required but teenagers (and
sometimes SWMBO!) are master of expending the least amount of energy...
and actually emptying a bath or turning off a light seems like a lot of
effort to them.

Mmm.. I wonder if its possible to install a basin style popup waste (the
one that uses a rod rather than cable) below the current one, and have
it PUSH up the plug rather then the cable. Would mean that I would have
to restrict the pipe work to 32mm instead of 40mm but that would just
mean it takes longer to empty.. hardly a big concern...

Marcus