Re: Interfacing to fingerprint (Biometric) scanners

I did this about 4 years ago.
http://www.authentec.com. Joined there
'developer' program and for a small
fee I got some sensors and software,sample programs etc to roll my own.
This
was quite early days and was easy to get in. At the time it was available
as
USB only. Maybe things have changed but there is now of course serial over
USB.
It was all Microsoft C++ API.
Sorry I am out of touch with all this now and I did get it working reliably
- will resurrect one day.
Point is that I am sure that there are many companies that might have a
developer program, and that's the way in.