From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chris Hunter
Sent: 15 August 2007 08:01
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Alarm systems

interesting .... 'no feel for what the increase in 'premium is for
not having a NACOSS alarm ... is it a big issue ? 'guess
reliability should be better if the alarm system is separate, but is
that the case, in-practice ? 'just wondering !

Chris

On 15 Aug 2007, at 01:58, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> I use an Ademco/Microtech/Honeywell "Galaxy" system -
several other
> names it's offered under. too. ( I think latest versions may now no
> longer be called Galaxy)
>
> It's a great mature system used by many professional installers with
> well priced extras available on eBay - including installer manuals
> etc.
> Several models with differing zone capacities and wireless options
> etc.
> Mine is a Galaxy 60. Very powerful programming capabilities as the
> product family is used in residential through to large commercial
> installs. I have wired inputs and outputs to this going into
> HomeVision
> and a Netiom as well as a serial and Ethernet connection and it
> satisfies almost all my HA needs as I have put together a xAP
> interface
> to it. Zone activations (PIR's etc) can be reported via 'linking'
> the
> zones to outputs or via serial/Ethernet. It may be 'awkward' to get
> the full serial/Ethernet protocol but typically its not needed. It
> doesn't have any integrated HA facilities persay beyond basic I/O
> - ie
> no C-Bus/X10 or programmable serial but my other HA controllers take
> care of that. I'm a great believer in each box serving a specific
> purpose and doing that independently and well. Hence not doubling an
> alarm up as a HA system. Others may differ.
>
> Main issue will be if you need a NACOSS install with maintenance as
> you
> will likely be excluded from all programming access and maybe some
> access via serial/Ethernet. You might have to relay/opto isolate
> inpust
> and outputs. This is going to be true on any system though.
> Depending on your installer they may be happy with some extra
> facilities
> though .
>
> Comfort is another suggestion. I had one for a while ... for me I
> really don't like the speech interface or the panels programming
> structure. The X10 interafce is OK but the C-Bus interface is rather
> limted (and expensive) - but then I would say that I guess ;-)
>
> Kevin

http://www.star.net.uk

solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Zycko
Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify Zycko Limited on +44 1285
868500.
All emailed quotes are valid for 14 days, subject to availability, unless
otherwise stated.  All emailed quotes are subject to Zycko's standard Terms
and Conditions.

http://www.star.net.uk