Alarm systems

  • Subject: Alarm systems
  • From: "David Guest" <david.guest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:49:16 +0100

I'm just about to complete on a house which needs a refit and am
planning t=
o put in plenty of home automation.
=20
The recent discussion of the BT VP1000 got me thinking of what alarm to
put=
in to. I have thought about comfort as I know this is very popular but doe=
s seem to be expensive, especially add ons such as the touch screen
touchpa=
d. A hybrid solution seems to be something like the Viewsonic with the
rfxc=
om unit to interface it to homeseer (running on a mini-itx board maybe).
In=
the past I have had an ademco panel and was pleased with it and see that n=
ow you can use hardwire/wireless sensor, they also have an ethernet
interfa=
ce available and even touch screens (around =A3100 for these). I also
remem=
ber reading about an australian made alarm panel which had good features,
b=
ut can't remember the name of it.
=20
I haven't decided on the lighting yet but am tending towards cbus if this
m=
akes a difference.
=20
What alarms are people currently using and are you interfacing to them or
j=
ust stand alone.
=20
Thanks for your ideas
=20
David

individua=
l to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those=
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Zycko Limited. If =
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
=
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
co=
pying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email=
in error please notify Zycko Limited on +44 1285 868500.
All emailed quotes are valid for 14 days, subject to availability, unless
o=
therwise stated.  All emailed quotes are subject to Zycko's standard Terms
=
and Conditions.

http://www.star.net.uk