Re: Re: Problems using multiple Digiboxes on 1 x LNB

>Is this something I could do myself ?

>I'm just consious that the LNB needs a 'spot on' signal so I don't
want to disrupt it's alignment when swapping it.

Yes - The Sky Box has a strength meter - if you can arrange you (or a
helper) to see a screen its very easy to fine tune. I take a dish camping
to Le mans every year - even from scratch it only takes 5/10 mins to get it
aligned correctly. Not quite as easy as the old analogue dishes but
entirely possible

Oh - and one last question : Why is that products like the Global
Sat loft box allow the distribution of Satelitte feeds ? (Not the
RF2, but the actual LNB one). This contradicts what you guys have
said. . Why would you want to distribute your raw LNB feed when
ultimatly one Digibox can only be the 'Master' for decoding it ? Can
any one explain ? Just feel I'm missing a trick here.

The key feature is not the distribution - its the multiplex. Combine the
LNB feed + VHF + TV onto 1 single cable./ reduces the numbers of cables
needed from Loft to TV. Newer ones can even put a second LNB feed on the
cable the usually returns the feed from the TV back to the Loft for onward
distribution. If your precious cable runs are buried in the wall - re0using
existing cables can be a life saver.

Cheers