Google maps for Media centre 2005 + Note on Homeseer

  • Subject: Google maps for Media centre 2005 + Note on Homeseer
  • From: "ukhauk" <jasonstarkie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:12:34 -0000

Found this the other day and quite liked it

Google maps for media centre no install required !

http://dotnet.org.za/colin/archive/2005/07/28/40397.aspx

It was so simple that it got me thinking !

If I changed the name and URL would it open my homeseer control page

I copied the file and changed as follows

<application
url="http://localhost/";
name="Homeseer"
thumbnailImage="http://www.google.com/mapfiles/maps_res_logo.gif"/>

Change the thumbnail image to a suitable image located on your PC

The media centre remote doesn't trigger anything at the point, but
inspired the Linux mce video recently posted I now use a gyration
type mouse in the living room.