Re: Which Linux version should I install?

Hi Neil,

Prepare to be inundated with a dozen recommendations
of different flavours of Linux.

My preference is for Debian as it's stability is rock solid.
It comes in three levels, stable, testing and experimental.
The stable version is rock solid but generally doesn't have
all of the latest and greatest Linux features. It is generally
a good one for server use.

The testing version is probably the one to go for as it will
be more up-to-date with latest developments but not as
cutting edge as the experimental version which is for the
developers out there. Testing version is not guaranteed
as reliable as the stable version but I have not had any
issues with it.

Debian can be installed by just downloading a
net install cd image and then using your internet
connection to download just the components you
want to install.

Geoff