Re: Zoned Heating Control

Paul Gale wrote:
> Laurence,
>
> Did you meet up with Sensible Heat at the show? I'll be going with one
of their Honeywell Hometronic systems - it can do most of what you want I
think.

> Drop Neil Ball a line - he's very helpful (on list here too):
>
> http://www.sensibleheat.com/contact_us.html

I did and it looks interesting however it is wireless - and in fact some
of their units tx / rx bang in the middle of an amateur band! The other
concern raised by SWMBO is that the resulting TRV is not so attractive!
I don't think you can place these in a concealed area as they both have
to sense the temperature in the room and control the water flow. I think
you also have to bulk buy batteries to replace them on all the rads
every couple of years. On the plus side it is a known system from a
known manufacturer that should be around for some time to come.

Laurence