Re: Chargers & batteries

one thing I notice is that the batteries that seem to be available
(having Googled) all seem to have a significantly lower capacity than
the original - about which the 'profiler says the following :

Battery Information:

Battery Installed:	Yes
First low level warning:	No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh):	65440
Remaining Capacity (mAh):	64557
Amperage (mA):	0
Voltage (mV):	15920
Cycle Count:	258

AC Charger Information:

AC Charger (Watts):	50
Connected:	Yes
Charging:	No

Hardware Configuration:

Clamshell Closed:	No
UPS Installed:	No

is that normal (the lower capacity of replacement batteries) ?

since the battery lost capacity - it used to do five+ hours, but
after about 250 cycles it rapidly declined, but now it's good for
maybe five-minutes use / maybe two-days sleep - we keep the charger
in all the time ...

Chris

On 12 Apr 2007, at 13:10, Chris Hunter wrote:

> 'wondered if anyone would recommend an in-car / 'plane charger for a
> laptop (actually a Powerbook with 14.4V Li-Io battery) ...
>
> & where we might get a new battery ... maybe anyone will do, but
I'm