Re: Re: RFXCOM and xPL

Actually, that's a bit misleading ... the existing IR units &
software wouldn't, but I sent Karam some pages from the servicing
manual, showing the IR codes, and he thought it would be possible ...
but, as I said, the protocal is ancient, & not immune to the worst
that compact-fluorescent lamps can throw ... I'm sure they could do
something via RS232 ... but I'd need something that gave me the bones
for writing my own macros, because I'm sure getting the user
interface right would take a few iterations, and it would be unfair
to ask them to do that ... ie: I'd want something in Cortex / Reflex
that allowed me to send & receive defined-by-me ASCII codes via a
couple of (dedicated) COMs ports, and to do this from (say) a PDA ...

haven't thought this through yet, but I did have such an arrangement
working on our old 'Mac IIfx using MS QuickBasic - which gave me a
graphical representation of of hi-fi which I could just point & click
with the mouse to control (choose what to play, set-up timed
recordings, etc), plus an easy-to-use ability to strike-up a dialogue
with the hi-fi in ASCII code directly, to explore its functionality &
get it to do non-standard things ...

Chris