Re: Remote energy metering

  • Subject: Re: Remote energy metering
  • From: "lexfordparc" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 07:57:09 -0000

Morning Chris,

>  The object approach of   Cortex makes a lot of sense, too ... the
more I get into it, the more  I like it !

I couldn't agree more. I really like the Idratek approach that uses
dedicated cabline but is very flexible. I have a number of bench units
at the moment to discover how they work. I will start deploying this
into each room soon.

> And the DRM100' looks to be just the job ... how  accurate do you
think the measurements are, by the time they are  displayed by Cortex ?

I have Cortex configured so that 2000 pulses generate 1KwH so it seems
quite accurate. Probably won't know until I have all rings monitored and
compare with the incoming electric meter. I remember now receiving an
email from MeterManager saying the DRM is being replaced...
"...and finally the good news is that the DRM100 has now been upgraded
and is now called the ADM1TEs and has a maximum rating of 30A rather
than 25A"

> Now, if I could find a way forward on controlling our hi-fi, I'd have
a full house - with the two EK' VIA 'boards now available, I think I  at
last have the motherboards identified (using the back-panel serial
socket for Idratek, and two of the three on-board COMs pin-out sets for
the hi-fi - each to have ASCII strings going in both directions,  for
control & feedback), but I can't yet see a way of doing the ASCII
strings while running Idratek ... the Idratek GPC unit would seem to
offer some hope, as also the user-macro capabilities of Idratek, but
'not sure they would take me all the way !!

What are your trying to do with the Hi-Fi integration? I use
Squeezeboxes and Slimserver (runs on the same Mini-ITX server as
Cortex). The Squeezeboxes alow multi-room sound from a single source
which can either be synchronised or independent. The SB3 is also now an
addressable object in Cortex so you can use the display and IR input in
the Idranet

Paul