Re: Re: Sky Distribution newbie

Combining and then splitting the signals will cause *some* degradation
but I suspect you wouldn't notice it provided your cable runs are not
excessive and you don't have any existing reception problems.

Ideally you'd have a single bit of cable all the way from the LNB to
the back of the digibox (i.e. no joins). Each time you put a join in
the cable you lose some signal, so a few joins (in & out of loft box,
wall plate etc.) plus a long-ish cable and you might start to see some
signal loss particularly if your reception is not great.

IIRC, Sky HD is only available from the Sky+ digibox, and for the
moment, only available via Component Out (not HDMI). I don't think the
RF2 output will support distribution of HD signals to other TVs (but
I'm happy to be corrected).

If you're considering Sky+ then you'll probably want to look at this
extra module for the Loft Box too:
http://www.letsautomate.com/11068.cfm?CFID=453536&CFTOKEN=43e5c02-3964f8cd-624b-4301-a8ae-6bc8f3e73df2
or
http://tinyurl.com/n3o54

It seems quite neat as it sends the 2nd LNB feed to the digibox *down*
the cable that takes the RF2 output back *up* to the Loft Box, so you
don't need a 3rd cable for Sky+ :-)

HTH,

Tim.