Re: Sky Distribution newbie

Noughtomate,

One feature of the "Loft Box" is that you plug your satellite LNB
into
it and the box then combines that with the terrestrial TV signal, + FM
radio and sends it down a single cable to your living room. A special
wall plate separates out the three signals back into satellite, TV +
FM and presents them as three separate connectors. You then send the
RF2 output from the satellite box back up to the "Loft Box" via a
2nd
cable and this is then distributed to other TVs.

The second link, to the SLX amp, appears to just do the second part
i.e. take a 2nd RF input and distribute it out to other TVs. Check out
the PDF data sheet on the TLC site for more info and some pictures.

Another version of the "Loft Box" is the Televes Attic Box -
search on
www.cpc.co.uk for pictures / more info. This appears to offer
identical functionality to the original "Loft Box". There's also
link to the datasheet on the CPC product page for more info.

The Sky remote eye fits in-line in the RF coax feed from the "Loft
Box" to a remote TV (i.e. as you suggest). You then use your Sky
remote control to change the channels on your remotely-located Sky
digibox.

I've used CT100 for all my RF distribution. I haven't bothered with
any "RG" cable.

HTH,

Tim.

On 9/7/06, noughtomate <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Often I've heard about Sky whole-house distribution using a 'Loft
Box'.