Re: Wi-fi strength tester

A router unplugged from the phone line, a PDA and a copy of
MiniStumbler ?
(the pocket PC version of NetStumbler from www.netstumbler.com)

Alternatively there is PocketWinc, a similar thing to MiniStumbler
http://tinyurl.com/h2ubv
It's a PDA version of Winc. The above link gives some features but
google has some more :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 9/8/06, White, Peter <peter.white@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a gizmo that come in 2 parts - a wi-fi transmitter
(but
> ideally not a router), and a strength meter, which you can walk around
the
> house/office with and gauge the viability of having a wi-fi network?
I know