RE: Russound kit?

  • Subject: RE: Russound kit?
  • From: "michael.furlong" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:24:34 +0100

Paul,

You want an a-bus amplified keypad to run a sub zone in the ensuite. Cat5E
from the CAV6.6 to the Keypad then 2 x speaker cable to the speaker. Not
sure about putting the keypad in the bathroom as far as regs are concerned,
over here (Ireland) some sparks say fine some say no...we go along with
whatever they say and let the clients argue with them. With regards
moistur=
had some of the previous model in bathrooms for 4 years no problems but
ymmv.

For the speaker you could use the Russound SP-C503 or SP-C522 although not
advertised as moisture resistant modern bathrooms shouldn't really have
moisture hanging around at ceiling level. We use these in new builds and
again no problems so far.

The more expensive SP-S5TT and SP-S6TT are "weather resistant"
and also
about twice the price.

We use a speaker from Anthony Gallo for sloping ceilings, basically they
ar=
a stainless steel ball with a speaker grill on one face you can get an
eyeball mount for them to part recess them in the ceiling. Not everyone's
choice as they look a bit like old fashioned eyeball downlighters but we
have fitted them where other speakers just won't work. Don't forget you
wil=
have some space just shove that nasty insulation out of the way:)

Lots of ceiling speakers available Russound, RBH, Sonance, Elan and NAD to
name but a few. Most are discreet I am afraid I am a bit like you and can't
tell much difference. One thing to look for is you are trying to create a
stereo soundstage for a specific position is directional adjustment.
Russound call this twist n tilt.

Are you intending to "automate" this system? I only ask as I am
not sure
Russound is the easiest kit to interface with from an HA viewpoint.

Mick