Re: Russound kit?

  • Subject: Re: Russound kit?
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:30:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> I've decided to go for 2 x Russound CAV6.6 systems to replace my
Kustom system. A few questions to those in the knowledge or have
similar kit:
>=20
> *	In one of the zones, I have an en-suite shower room. I'd like a
stereo to mono speaker in there that plays the same source as the
bedroom. Therefore I need just an amp and volume control. What
Russound kit would be best here? =96 and it is moisture proof?
> *	Are the Uno S2 keypads OK to use in bathrooms?
> *	I'll have two zones in the new loft conversion. As the walls are
sloping at 45deg and will have limited depth (if any) for mounting
ceiling speakers, what would you recommend? Obviously I could use
normal speakers with wall brackets on a vertical wall (limited
though). Just wondering if anyone has done similar or have seen other
ideas? Maybe speaker cable to outlet plates for floor standing?
> *	Ditto in shower room in loft =96 but needs to be
discreet/recessed???

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/116

I use these in the bathroom - fairly slim at 3" deep.=20

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/88=20

And these elsewhere.  I'm very happy with the quality (sound & build)

I also have KEF Ci400 (google) speakers in the kitchen for mounting on
the surface of a pitched ceiling with no space.  Good looking, good
and easy to mount on a slope.  (Some pictures show a LT version with a
transformer in the base - not needed for 'normal' home systems!)=20

>=20
> When I installed my Kustom system a couple of years ago, I used
cheaper QED stereo ceiling speakers for most areas and more expensive
types for the important areas (not that I notice the difference
though!!!). Anyone got current recommendations for good quality, good
looking (discreet) speakers?