Re: [OT] Reconfiguring Ringmain to garage.

Hiya all,
Thanks for all your input(s) on this, I (thinks) understand what people
are saying about the garage popping the main breaker rather than it
local one if the load is pushed over its limit - although the garage is
on its own ring already so hopefully it wouldn't have popped anything
else if it was go trip. (I hope I get this bit!). Again with machine
start-ups drawing more power initially than they do when running, I
didnt intend running anything 'big' on this or more than one at a time -
it is a small garage after all (you cant even get a car in there at the
mo :))

The main issue I had really was using the two 2.5 cables as one to feed
this new box. From there I think , running two rings, as Nigel
suggested, one for the domestic stuff and the other for the 'tools'. The
tool ring would have the MCB (and 'cut off' - hadn't thought of that
one!) - the domestic ring not.

I don't think I'm going to get swmbo approval to pull the ring out and
feed a 4mm cable through (we've just done a big bit of rework at the mo
and this was an afterthought really), but you never know :)))

Thanks again all for your feedback, maybe a future project for the next
house me thinks :)

Cheers again!
Wayne.