RE: Re: Underfloor heating and HA control?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Underfloor heating and HA control?
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:22:19 +0100

Richard,

Thanks for the information, it confirms a lot of my thinking...

In Summary it would seem the most critical part of the design is
insulation and that provides benefit all year round in stable
temperatures, even in the summer! My house is not completely sealed yet,
issues with windows and soffit, but during the summer it was cooler
inside than outside. Only after a month of very high external
temperatures did the internal temperatures creep up beyond ideal... My
concern is that normal living will add to the heat in the house, baths,
showers, even fridges and freezers. I doubt the cooker would get a lot
of use during a heat wave though?

I notice you always heat, albeit to relatively low temperatures (16 - 18
deg C) at times. I have always assumed this is the best way. My parents
constantly turn on and off their CH and you are constantly experiencing
the lag.

You also confirm the need for MVHR in the house to control ventilation.
Different people have different personal stragies with windows, it would
seem the MVHR can reduce the randomness of people opening windows... It
probably also makes the house freasher without the issue of draughts
associated with windows. How do you operate the MVHR, is that on a timer
of some sort?

I would argue you have quite sophisticated control of your system albeit
distributed across several programmable thermostats ;-)

I hope I will be as please with my heating system.

Nigel