Re: slilencing sky+

Paul Gale wrote:

>Does anyone know what sky's policy is on phoning home?
>
>I had my Sky+ box running for many years without a phone line attached
and I never heard a word about it! I'm now on Sky HD though and have a line
connected - not tried disconnecting this though.

Both boxes need to be connected to a phone line if you have multiroom.

If you received a free/subsidised box from Sky I think that needs to be
connected for the first 12 months, unless you paid £25 at the
beginning
of that contract to remove the connection requirement.

In terms of initiating a callback at a time convenient to you then I
don't see any reason why you can't use Services-4-0-1-Select-6 (New
Installation).......

I think the box auto dials out 1-2 a month if connected to a phone line.

Mark