From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 7:43 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] CBus control?

Just thinking about CBus and the best way to link it into my existing HA
system and need some thoughts/ideas.

I will be putting CBus lighting and control into my loft conversion and
maybe replacing the whole house lighting system (currently 40 LD11's and a
few AD10's). As a rough idea, I'm thinking of 5x 8 channel dimmers, 1x 8
channel relay, a handful of bus couplers, 6-8 DLT's and a PC Interface.

Amongst other bits, my current HA system comprises of:

Comfort directly linked to
HomeVision Pro
HA Server running:
HomeSeer 2
Loads of xAP apps
MainLobby server
Etc.

The options I'm aware of for the CBus control are the Comfort CBus UCM or
possibly Kevin's upcoming (are you still working on this Kevin?) HomeVision
CBus controller?

Any other methods I should be considering? What are the ad/disadvantages of
each of these methods?

I can't see any problems so far with using a software/PC based method as
the
control scenarios I can envisage are not time or mission-critical, so the
unreliability of a PC vs hardware maybe isn't such an issue? My HA system
is
pretty stable now.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Cheers,