Re: 2 BT Master Sockets + BT Broadband

darren_karp2001 wrote:

> If I have two BT master sockets on the same line (no other extension
> sockets) would this be okay for broadband?

I've had ADSL fail to work on a line that turned out to have a second
master socket.  Re-wiring it as an extension solved the problem.  YMMV.

> I added a second master socket as I didn't have a plain extension one
> today to my broadband line and my internet connection went down this
> afternoon.

You can convert a master to an extension by removing the components from
the socket.  You'll need to connect the ring wire from the actual master
socket if you want older phones to ring, though.

Kim.