Web'n'Walk / Vario II

trying to get a feel for this ... is it toys or is it really useful ?
!

eg: 1Gig or 2', how much surfing is that ?

and how well does it work, with such a small screen ?

is it good for Google ... Wiki ... TLC & LinITX 'sites ... Met.Office
radar-map ... 'Telegraph & BBC 'sites ... etc ?

'am tempted, but can't quite see it ...

Chris

----

Thursday, 16 Nov'06 - 15:12:19 -0000

from: Marcus Warrington   marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx

Following-up on my own post about the Web'n'Walk tariff ... seems I got
it slightly wrong.   It used to be £7.50 for standard & £10
for 'Pro,
with no download limits, but as-of 1st Oct' it's now £7.50 with 1Gig
limit & £12.50 with a 3Gig limit.   On a more positive note, the
£1 a
day cap on cost is only relevant to PAYG, the Web'n'Walk is totally free
once you've paid your £7.50 !   So for £22.50
(Flext20+Web'n'Walk) I get
£34 of calls (about 170minutes worth) and can surf the net (on the
'phone) as much as I want, up to the 1Gig cap.

I just rang T-mobile customer services & they confirmed that the HSPDA
384 uplink service can be had on any of the packages & is completely
free.   For some reason they only turn it on automatically on Web'n'Walk
Pro ... just had it enabled on my £7.50 package :-)

Map24 is pretty impressive & would be even better if it could track
using your GPS.   Would be great for walking around a city ... TomTom is
pretty rubbish (for walking) because it always snaps you to the nearest
road.

Oh ... another cool app' for all you Vario II (or PPC) owners is TenGo

http://free.tengo.net

http://free.tengo.net

It's a text-entry keyboard sort of app' which works a little like a
'phone's predicative text-entry.

Marcus

----

Thursday, 16 Nov'06 - 15:59:23 +0000

from: Ho Yin Ng   architect.hoyin@xxxxxxx

I think you meant to say £12.50 for 2Gig Limit.   I agree with you
regarding Map24 - GPS integration would be ideal !   Everyone should
e-mail them to encourage them to integrate it !