Re: PC Remote shutdown - APS/XBMC/Remote!?

Someone was looking at this a while ago, IIRC.
Their intended solution was to use the UPS *software* running the PC
and then trigger the shutdown by sending a network message which
PowerChute (or whatever) would pick up and interpret as coming from a
real UPS.

Like there is a "wake on LAN" facility where you can start a PC
on
receipt of a magic packet, isn't there a corresponding "sleep on
LAN"
too?

Dunno if there's a xAP/xPL solution as well.

HTH,

Tim.