Re: TomTom Navigator 6 and Orange SPV M5000 (and the likes)

  • Subject: Re: TomTom Navigator 6 and Orange SPV M5000 (and the likes)
  • From: "marcrfuller" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:15:59 -0000

Hey There,

I'm runnning TTN6 on my SPV M5000. It all works perfectly in portrait
mode, but I get a corrupted screen in landscape mode. This might just
be my device however. Apart from this little problem it all works great !

There's some good improvements but to be honest nothing spectacular
over TTN5. I'm still pleased I bought it though.

They best new feature (that apparently works with TTN5 aswell !!) is
that you can now make custom sound files for your POI's. I've got the
pocketgpsworld camera database and to have custom sounds you used to
have to change the data.chk file. With TTN6 (and 5 apparently although
I haven't tried it) you can just create an .ogg sound file and name it
the same as the poi OV2 file. Then when you setup the warning, it
automatically picks up the file. This also means the warning can be
longer (size etc was limited the old way) and clearer ! Great !

All in all, it's a good product. I've been using it for a couple of
weeks with no problems.

Cheers

Marc

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Lamb" <sheepdipgroups@...>