Buying a NAS am I doing the right thing?

  • Subject: Buying a NAS am I doing the right thing?
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:40:17 -0000

Guys,
=20
Hope this is not seen as OT as it is for domestic use...
=20
I looking to take the plunge and begin to sort out my storage issues by
goi=
ng the NAS route. I have HDD located in all sorts of machines all over the
=
network at the moment.
=20
I have always been drawn to the Buffalo Terastation and I see Misco are
sel=
ling the 2TB Pro version for =A3822 (incVAT).
=20
Before I push the button and order one on line has anyone got any reasons
w=
hy I shouldn't? Interested to see it has Active Directory integration. Not
=
sure how this will work for me  compared with the 'Home' Version' but as I
=
run MS SBS with AD it seems useful?
=20
Waiting for comments
=20
http://tinyurl.com/u9o89
=20
http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~104614~WW~/Buffalo%20TeraStation=
%20Pro%202.0TB%20Network%20Attached%20Storage.htm
=20
TIA
=20
Nigel