Re: Needing to learn and quickly...lol

  • Subject: Re: Needing to learn and quickly...lol
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:04:59 -0000

Have you read this ?

http://tinyurl.com/bzbyv

If it's a new build - first and foremost - plan where you Node 0=20
will be.

Then think about the features you would like from your systems.

Many of us have implmented HA but the different entry levels give=20
you different degrees of control. Think about if you need a=20
guaranteed signal and status response (i.e. the ability to tell the=20
lights you remotly switched on, are actually on)

Always consider future proofing in mind. If you're laying conduit,=20
keep some 'fishing cable' for running cables in the future.=20

Try Amazon for a few of their Home Automation books. There's a house=20
builders guide aimed at HA enthusiasts.

Best of luck!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Darren Campbell <dcampbellni@...>=20
wrote:

> Gents/Gals,
>=20=20=20=20
>   Over the last 6 months I have got very interested in Home=20
Automation as a potential new business idea, so much so that I am=20
working very hard to get the company set up etc...
>=20=20=20=20
>   However it seems that my sales skills are much better than any=20
of my other skills and a member of my family who is about to build a=20
new house has said go for it and has even supplied me with the=20
drawings to his new gaff with a view to my quoting him for a=20
reasonable hardwired system.
>=20=20=20=20
>   This is an excellent opportunity for me to complete my first=20
project but it has come perhaps too early for me.....
>=20=20=20=20
>   To get to my question.....where do i start? I have the drawings=20
and about 15k budget and thats the height of it.....
>=20=20=20=20
>   Can anyone give me any advice on how to approach this in the=20
best possible way? Can you suggest which equipment to install? For=20
15K i would like to include as much automated functionality as=20
possible. Multiroom audio and visual is essential as would be=20
automated lights etc....
>=20=20=20=20
>   After careful consideration, any answers I get, will be used by=20
me to present the end solution to my client ( wifes uncle ).
>=20=20=20=20
>   I plan to post all of the details of this ongoing project here=20
for all to advise so any help would be greatly appreciated.