Needing to learn and quickly...lol

  • Subject: Needing to learn and quickly...lol
  • From: Darren Campbell <dcampbellni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:06:52 +0100 (BST)

Gents/Gals,

Over the last 6 months I have got very interested in Home Automation as a
potential new business idea, so much so that I am working very hard to get
the company set up etc...

However it seems that my sales skills are much better than any of my other
skills and a member of my family who is about to build a new house has said
go for it and has even supplied me with the drawings to his new gaff with a
view to my quoting him for a reasonable hardwired system.

This is an excellent opportunity for me to complete my first project but it
has come perhaps too early for me.....

To get to my question.....where do i start? I have the drawings and about
15k budget and thats the height of it.....

Can anyone give me any advice on how to approach this in the best possible
way? Can you suggest which equipment to install? For 15K i would like to
include as much automated functionality as possible. Multiroom audio and
visual is essential as would be automated lights etc....

After careful consideration, any answers I get, will be used by me to
present the end solution to my client ( wifes uncle ).

I plan to post all of the details of this ongoing project here for all to
advise so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren