Re: [OT] New motherboard questions

Keith,

Be careful the cheapest of the Grandtec cards don't have XP drivers.=20
I've an old Multi-Capture and it didn't want to play with my brief=20
attempt at getting Zoneminder working, despite them being BT878 cards.

Simon

In message <IFEKJKODHPGOANBCIDIPGEKPCAAC.keith@xxxxxxx>, Keith
Doxey=20
<ukha@xxxxxxx> writes
>Thanks Jim
>
>> Those Grandtec cards are way overpriced for what you get. You
could have
>> a quad BT878 card off ebay for what a single BT878 grandtec costs
(and
>> thus >4x the frame capture rate)
>>

>Will take a look. CPC are selling the GrandX for =A320 and the USB
version=
for
>=A330
>
>> >I am also confused by AGP slots. Are these backwards
compatable ?
>> >eg could a new mobo with a AGP 8x take the existing AGP
graphics card ?

>> Yes, and no. Older standards use higher voltages, so not all newer
>> motherboard can use old cards. There's also AGP Pro to complicate
>> matters further.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port
>>
>> You might want to consider buying motherboard with PCI Express
though.
>> At least for the graphics card (a mixture of PCIe and PCI would be
>> useful for the frame grabbers of course!). New AGP gfx cards a
getting
>> thin on the ground, although there's still plenty of old model
stock.
>> Non-graphics PCIe cards are still less prevalent though.
>
>I was hoping to use a twin head AGP card that I have laying around.
Will
>have to do some looking around.
>
>Keith
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links