RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti

  • Subject: RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:43:11 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, UKHA wrote:

> While I agree with you whole-heartedly Mark.. it doesn't make it legal
> to do so and while it doesn't make sense for you to take on 'Mr Style'
> as a retailer, TS may take a different view from a consumer point of
> view.

Price fixing, as you have rightly pointed out, is illegal and I don't
believe it is happening in the UK C-Bus market. The fact that a C-Bus item
might cost more in the UK than it does directly from Australia doesn't
mean that prices are fixed illegally. There are many legitimate reasons
why prices are different.

> FWIW I don;t think C-Bus are particularly interested in home
> automators, I think they look on us as an annoyance they have to put

Why do you say that?

> up with. Their primary targets I guess are places like hotels,
> conference centres etc.. and rich folk who get installers to do
> everything for them.

I don't think Clipsal or its distributors are overly choosy about the type
of projects that they would like to be involved in. Naturally, the higher
the value of a project, the better the attention it would command. The
same reaction could be applied to most businesses.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.