RE: Re: Clipsal Ulti

On 28/03/2006 at 16:31 Mark McCall wrote:

>> Isn't that called price fixing... and isn't it illegal?
>
>Speaking as a retailer (in a totally different type of product), I can
say
>that if price fixing is illegal, in the real world it's pretty easy to
>achieve.
>
>If you are a retailer, relying on a particular manufacturer or
distributor
>for supply, then it's not difficult for them to "frustrate"
you into their
>own pricing structure.  If you don't play along suddenly you find
>deliveries are very late, or completely non-existent, with all sorts of
excuses.  It
>all good in theory, but it's naive to think it doesn't exist.
>M.

While I agree with you whole-heartedly Mark.. it doesn't make it legal to
do so and
while it doesn't make sense for you to take on 'Mr Style' as a retailer, TS
may take a
different view from a consumer point of view.

The example I gave would actually make it easy for anyone to point out the
price
discrepancy - not specifically retailers. Indeed, if retailers do kick up a
fuss they are
as you say likely to fall foul of the same types of treatment as 'whistle
blowers'.

FWIW I don;t think C-Bus are particularly interested in home automators, I
think they
look on us as an annoyance they have to put up with. Their primary targets
I guess are
places like hotels, conference centres etc.. and rich folk who get
installers to do everything
for them.

llama llama duck....

Andy