Hello

  • Subject: Hello
  • From: "Tom Royal" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:24:01 -0000

Hello there

I've just joined the group, and was asked to post an introductory message,
so here goes:

I'm a technology journalist - I write for Computer Shopper magazine. At the
moment I'm writing a feature on X10, so I'm currently wiring my own flat up
as a test. I'm also interested in the media-streaming side of things - I
run a home server that streams my MP3 music to various players using uPNP,
and I've written a few articles on how to do that kind of thing (how to
build a music server, reviews of various media players etc).

Oh, and I'm also looking for someone to interview about their X10 automated
home - ideally someone who has taken the idea to extremes (anyone got an
X10 coffee machine, maybe?). If you're interested, and you'd like to show
off a little by doing a press interview, please drop me a quick email at
work: tom@xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone

Tom
--