[OT]: Software for recording MP3 streams

  • Subject: [OT]: Software for recording MP3 streams
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:54:43 -0000

Not really HA, but we have a requirement at work to record a series
of conferences taking place in our meeting rooms over the next few
weeks.
We have 12 meeting rooms and I am looking at the Barix Annuncicom
for the hardware. Meets all criteria, voice activated, ethernet, etc.
There is even a case study for a similar application:
http://www.barix.com/classroom_recording.html

But I can not find a solution for the serverside software to record
the streams and manage the recordings. I have looked around at some
internet radio recording utils but they all seem geared toward
recording songs with artist info etc.

Any suggestions?
Am I missing something obvious in the way the streams may be saved
to mp3 files using folders to organise the output - create a folder
for each day and use time info of the file?

Thank you in advance

Keyvan