Re: [OT] Microsoft Outlook Web Access

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Microsoft Outlook Web Access
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:13:22 -0000

I use this sync process for my iPaq 6500 phone with outlook. The big
issue is security. I managed to get on a pilot but have to have lots
of other security software on the iPaq as if it were stolen it could
allow access to our corporate mail system. There is a new pushed
mail service like blackberry coming in the next version of windows
mobile so I assume exchange will offer some support for this, it
could be more secure.

Regards
Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@...> wrote:

> There's actually a separate interface called OMA - Outlook Mobile
Access
> intended for syncing with smartphones etc. That being said, if the
system
> admins won't let you sync at the desktop, they are not so likely
to allow
> OMA access.
>
> I can't think of a solution that would let you sync a local copy
of outlook
> with OWA, sorry.
>
> Ian.

Behalf Of
> Mark Golledge
> Sent: 11 March 2006 08:57
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] Microsoft Outlook Web Access
>
> I'm pleased to say that my work is slowly making it in to the 21st
Century
> and has managed to setup Microsoft Outlook Web Access. This allows
me to be
> able to occasionally work from home i.e. checking work email,
sorting
> calenders and folders etc.
>
> However, I've got a Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone and would
love to be
> able to synchronise things like contacts and calenders from
Outlook Web