Re: LCD TV with RS232 control

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@...>
wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the Sony and Pinoeer protocols so I can't
> say if it's similar
>
> From the manual it appears that the LG accepts the same codes via
> this input as it does via it's IR sensor.

Yeah, that's the same sort of thing as Sony's Control-S/A1.

> Suprisingly the user manual has timing diagrams for the wired
> control and also complete protocol description for the RS232
> control
>
> The manual is here http://tinyurl.com/hwjpb

Documenting the RS232 stuff isn't as unusual as you might think - I've
got docs from Hitachi for the LCD panel I've got.

As for the IR stuff - very nice to see a vendor documenting it. The
other Sony/Pioneer/JVC stuff had to be reverse engineered by people.

My idea plan in the future is to use RS232 to turn on/off and change
input on my LCD panel, use a RS232->3.5m jack lead to connect to the
Control-A1 input on my Sony amp, and a USB-RF2 lead to my Sky box to
control its channel and them hopefully get MythTV to use all these to
set up LCD/amp/Skybox accordingly.