Latest message you have seen: Re: Buying a NAS am I doing the right thing?

Re: Recommendations for a networked media player.

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 14:48 +0000, clax01011971 wrote:
> As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for a networked
> media player

I've been looking into the Dreambox [1] and the ReelBox [2]. Both are
receivers (up to quad) with media playing/recording ability.

- The ReelBox has a DVD-RW in it but you can buy the LITE version
without DVD and insert your own.
- Hard drives available for both.
- Both open source (linux) so you can hack them if you like but still
user friendly.
- The next version of Dreambox is meant to have DVD capability (not sure
if it is DVD-RW)

>  it doesn't matter if it has wireless or not.

If you do need wireless. I have a friend who swears by his Buffalo Media
player [3] . But it doesn't have a DVD.

I haven't decided myself yet and have no direct experience of any.
However, there are many forums on them all. Nothing a little google'ing
won't help with.

Let us know how you get on.

Robert
[1] http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/index_eng.php