Re: [OT] ADSL Tale of Woe

Hey Paul,

Nope, not changed a damn thing in about a year. The damn thing always
seems to go down just when I need it most :D

cheers

Marc

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Have you recently changed to ADSL Max?
>
> Line disconnects are a fairly common problem with some users - and
to do with BT rather than the ISP. There's lots of interesting reading
about this on ADSL Guide. May be worth a look if you've not already?

> I also moved away from Eclipse as their support was so slow (or
non-existent at times), especially as I was a business customer and
paying for their top ADSL product!

> Paul.

Behalf Of

wrote:

> > > Apologies for "venting" here.
> > >
> > > I'm into the 8th day of no ADSL service at home.
> > >
> > > Eclipse have just told me that BT have finally found a fault
in
my local
> > > exchange requiring a new "card". It's effecting
around 10 other
> > users too,
> > > so WTF has it taken them so long to twig!  God help the
other
non-techy
> > > people that have this issue, that don't have a spare
> > routers/filters/cables
> > > lying around that I've been asked to try.
> > >
> > > Now the best part - Eclipse have been submitting my Fault to
BT
for days
> > > now, every day BT come back and say no fault found, then the
next
> > day I ring
> > > Eclipse, they bounce it back to BT and so on.  Now as the
fault is
> > only seen
> > > a "one day old" they will not escalate it for
urgent repair!