RE: Re: [OT] HDMI leads - quality?

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] HDMI leads - quality?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:41:58 +0100

Yup - QUAD have been using garden grade mains cable as speaker leads for
years. :-D

I've been using 2.5sq/mm T&E for speaker cabling whenever it has been
"acceptable" since I was 16 (which I have just realised is a lot
more years
ago than I want to contemplate).

At the end of the day you just need to get as much copper in the path,
ensure the connections are over as large an area and as gas-tight as you
ca=
get them so that you get as low a resistance as is possible. Any part of
th=
contact that oxidizes is obviously in contact with air and so isn't
conducting so oxidization of contacts shouldn't be a worry either.

Phil

and is a good read...