[OT] In-ear headphones

Had a set of Sony MDR-EX71SLW for a year now for my ipod.  Well
pleased wit=
them, they sound good, cut out the lawnmower noise quite well and stay in
m=
ears (unlike most other ear-bud type headphones).  However, they have just
gone very "quiet" - and this appears to be a well known problem
with them
according to the reviews on Amazon.

Has anyone experience of "Shure E2C"?  Read some great reviews,
but then on=
comparing with my Sony's saying they didn't have nearly as much bass.  I'm
thinking even with the problems, a pair of Sonys per year might be the best
option.

Any advice OFF-list appreciated.

Thanks

M.