Re: Re: [OT] HDMI leads - quality?

I have a cheapy HDMI installed well a DVI2HDMI and it works great.

Sean

On 6/13/06, James <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't comment specifically about HDMI leads, but there seems to be a
lo=
> of rubbish talked about audio and video leads generally.
>
> You said: "(Oxygen Free Copper and blessed by a naked monk at
midnight on
> the third Saturday of the month whilst holding a gerbil!)"
> Well, that's OK, but you must make sure you get the right flavour of
monk=
,
> and it's esential to use a fresh gerbil!
>
> This site has a lot of debunking articles about the subject:
> http://sound.westhost.com/cables.htm
and is a good read...

> This is a posting I made to the group a couple of years ago:
>

> I saw this in a recent New Scientist magazine: It may put the
louspeaker
> cable issue in perspective!!
>
> Regards
> James
>

> AT THE UK's annual hi-fi show, held recently in two hotels at London's
> Heathrow airport, several exhibitors were selling exotic cables to
connec=
> amplifiers to loudspeakers. The price of these cables was staggering.
> 6-metre length of oxygen-free copper could cost as much as =A330,000 -
an=
> no,
> those four zeros are not a misprint.
>
> We cannot comment on whether these cables really do make music sound
> better,
> because none of the exhibitors offered a controlled blind test -
switchin=
> the same music between cheap and expensive cables without the listener
> knowing which was which.
>
> But now that the show is over, we can reveal a secret.
>
> One of the most popular demonstrations at the show was staged by
British
> company Quad, to mark 50 years of making its world-famous hi-fi
equipment=
.
> Recording engineer Tony Faulkner demonstrated Quad's latest
loudspeakers.
> He
> explained how he used them to monitor the sound while making a
recording
> of
> Saint-Sa=EBns's complete works for piano and orchestra, which recently
wo=
> the
> coveted Record of the Year award from Gramophone magazine.
>
> As hi-fi buffs enthused over the sound, we spotted that the speakers
were
> connected by some orange wires that looked strangely familiar.
>
> "Yes, they would look familiar if you have a garden",
Faulkner told us.
> "Before the show opened we went over the road to the DIY
superstore and
> bought one of those =A320 extension leads that Black & Decker
sells for
> electric hedge-cutters. They are made from good, thick copper wire,
look
> nice and sound good to me. The show's been running for three days and
no
> one
> in the audience has noticed".

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--=20
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start
fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin
paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does
that get fun?" - Jayne