Latest message you have seen: SHS2008 Video 4 - Cytech Comfort

RE: [Slightlt OT] - PC mobos and memory.

  • Subject: RE: [Slightlt OT] - PC mobos and memory.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:58:37 +0100

Cheers Shaf but the processor you have listed is =A3260 (ish), the mobo
=A3=
160
(ish) and stick on 2Gb of DDR2 and that's another =A3140 (ish) - =A3560
whi=
ch is
about =A3400 more that I really want to spend! (=A3150 is as much as I ever
spent on a mobo + processor previously as I don't "do" games.)

I'm not looking for cutting edge, just a sensible basic upgrade over my
current PC which is a P4 2.53Ghz with 1Gb DDR ... I went to put another 1Gb
stick in it the other day (to give 2Gb) and the second DDR slot gives
error=
(although the memory works fine in my other Athlon XP 2400+ / Athlon XP
2500+ machines). I could probably swap back to my XP 2500+ machine if I
really have to but I'd rather not.

Phil