Re: [OT] Help with SNR on BT line

Craig, do you by any chance have an unfiltered sky box on the line.
Such boxes often call home at night, causing line noise and lost
synch.

Otherwise I would look for events that only happen at night, perhaps
you have economy seven with night storage heaters?

Low voltage lighting is also notorious at causing noise on just the
right frequencies to upset  adsl. perhaps you have a nightlight, or
your building has communcal lighting which goes on at night?

Erik

On 21/07/06, Craig <craigc.lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for the OT post, but I know there are a few posters who are
> knowledgeable about DSL/BT lines, that I hope can help me.
>
> The issue is, as regular as clock work, the SNR on my DSL line drops
by
> 3-4dB every night between ~8pm and ~6am, which causes a resync at
~1Mb/s
> less than during the day. I am sure this is external on the BT
network.

> See http://tinyurl.com/j8hn2 for last
nights graph.

--