RE: BT Wiring Help Needed

Is the junction box between you master socket and the line into the
house?
When I first moved into my house the wire from the pole outside terminated
in a little box and then a wire ran from that to the master socket.

If you think you may have a wiring problem after the BT master socket, i.e.
the private wires in your house then plug the router/ modem into the master
socket and see if you still get problems.  If it works OK there then it
will
be the wiring in the house.

Mind you BT are buggers, I spent 14 years in the RAF as a telecoms tech,
when I phoned them to say there was a problem with my line I had to force
them to come out, they kept saying it was my phone, I said I think I know a
dodgy line when I hear one. They sent a bloke out and I was right, a branch
on the tree had rubbed through the insulation of the wires and they were
shorting together.

Cheers

Jonathan

_____