Re: [OT] Broadband Backup

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Broadband Backup
  • From: "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:42:22 -0000

It may be possible to have a second BT line installed on an adjacent
exchange. I had two separate lines on two different exchanges at my
last house - this is obviously easier to organise in metropolitan
environments, or in situations where one exchange is close to capacity.

Patrick

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Davey <db1001ster@...> wrote:

> No WiFi locally and I don't think the 3g option would cope with the
amount=20
> of data I'd need to push/pull.
>=20
> Thanks for the reply though.
>=20
> Davey
> ----- Original Message -----=20
WiFi route,=20
> maybe you could have a reciprocal arrangement?
>=20
> Nigel
>=20
>    _____
>=20
telephone
lines=20
> with his JCB but I'd have to live with that.
>=20
> I guess my questions are ...
>=20
> Does this give me any resilience or is it a waste of cash ?
> Any other Suggestions ?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20