Re: Weather stations?

Paul Gale wrote:
> From what I've read so far - the Lacrosse WS2300 if wired, will update
approx every 6 seconds whereas the wireless WMR968 will only update every
minute. Although the Oregon is more robust, updates are potentially slower.
Does that make sense?

I thought Oregon was 10 seconds, but maybe that's only for some metrics.

Some of the lacrosse ones are slow, some are not (if, as you say, you
wire them up). I think that the ones that can update faster only have
the propeller based anemometer, which isn't as good because the weather
vane has to rotate it into the wind before you get an accurate reading.

If, like me, you want one that's wired, updates quickly, and has the
more accurate cup type anemometer, the only choice is the hideously
expensive Davis Vantage/Vantage Pro. The wired version can't take extra
sensors though.

I forgot about the 4th option - 1-wire! Every conceivable sensor type is
available if you look (might need to cobble something to a 1-wire i/o or
adc though). It's a bit more hands on though, and you won't get a nice
stand-alone screen.

Jim