MCE 2005 Standby Problem

  • Subject: MCE 2005 Standby Problem
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:00:32 -0000

Hi all,

I've had to reinstall MCE 2005 on the same PC it was previously
running fine on for a number of boring reasons, one of which was with
Vista on the same PC but different hard drive it screws up WMP (Well,
it did for me anyway).

The problem I have is that when I press the power button on the MCE
remote the video card switches off (Black picture and no sound) but
the power light and fans of the PC are still going.

If I tell MCE to go into Hibernate mode when the power button is
pressed everything works fine, the only problem is that I can't get it
out of hibernation using the MCE remote.

Any ideas?
Darren