RE: Anyone used "Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm VP1000"

  • Subject: RE: Anyone used "Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm VP1000"
  • From: "Craig" <craigc.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:46:59 +0100

> I was under the mistaken impression that the VP1000 was a
> rebadged Powermax, not Powermax+

So was I. I originally purchased a 'Powermax rs232 adapter' for the VP1000
from Gardiner Security, but it didn't physically fit, so I swapped it for a
'PowerMax+ rs232 adapter' which did. Inside the VP1000 the pcb says
PowerMax+, however the case is definitely PowerMax style.

> Do you have any further details of the config file, how it is
> applied, and the supplier you got it from?

The 'X10 kit' (rs232, software, config & instructions) was purchased
from a
SmartHome or Grand Designs show in London (cant remember which) from the
http://www.intamac.co.uk/ stand, it
was a 'show special' that caught my eye
a year or so ago. It basically allows you to change the VP1000 settings (eg
X10) that are hidden from the custom BT menu on the VP1000 control panel.

Another way to interface X10 to the alarm is to use a RF receiver device,
and by-pass the control panel:

http://www.bwired.nl/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63

I hope to test this with the VP1000 later this month. If you are also
interested in this method, please let Bert know on the Bwired forum.