Latest message you have seen: Fw: Home Auotmation on my house started today

Re: ISP & Router Needed

Hiya,
A little note on your router. I've been playing with the 2800's at work
over the last few days. They have gone quite snazzy now - the old
interface has been bought up market a little - so yeah, recommended. (I
use a 2900 at home - the cable version)

I haven't used the voice side of things directly on the routers as I've
got an Asterisk server which handles all that (
http://www.automated.it/asterisk/
) :-)

As an aside - you can also subscribe to SurfControl now for web site
content filtering - all handled from the router directly so no software
to worry about on the pc.

HTH.
Wayne.

Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) wrote:

><snipped>
>

>That's the ISP sorted, now what about the modem/router. Wanadoo will
supply a free USB one, however I want to share the connection with a couple
of other machines. The Draytek Vigor's were highly rated on here a while
ago. The 2800VG looks pretty good: modem/router, Ethernet switch, USB print
server, wireless and two inbuilt VoIP ports. At approx. £140 it looks
expensive compared to the 3Com wireless modem router that was on offer with
a free USB wireless dongle or Cardbus card, but the 3Com has no USB print
server or VoIP ports, however it is only £50-odd...