Re: Burning Freeview recordings to DVD

  • Subject: Re: Burning Freeview recordings to DVD
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:07:14 GMT

In article <43BD4443.70604@xxxxxxx>, Simon Ryley wrote:
> However, getting the Freeview MPEG2 from my PVR to a DVD
> compatible format doesn't seem to be easy.  I'd be interested in
> software recommendations, ideally cheap or free as this exercise is a
> one off gift.

Which PVR?

I upload from my Humax 9200T using USB. (Currently, due to Humax bugs,
you actually upload twice and merge the files)
You then have a Transport Stream.

On Linux I use replex to get a VOB, then dvdauthor to build the DVD
structure, the mkisofs to get an ISO. The same should be possible on
Windows, but I tend to use VideoRedo to edit the file and convert to a
VOB (but then use the Windows versions of dvdauthor and mkisofs.

There is also ProjectX, which can be used on Linux or Windows instead of
Videoredo.

The final quality is exceptionally good.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire