Re: Re: SWMBO caught me off guard!

Jamie Bennett wrote:
> The problem is that no-one has really come up with the definitive spec
for
> what HD really is, its open to interpretation.

Can open, worms *everywhere*... :-)

> Some panels that claim HD
> Ready but only display 852 x 480 get away with it as they have HDCP on
> component or HDMI connection and scale the HD image down. Worse still
there
> are panels that just scale HD feeds and don't do HDCP and also make
the
> claim. This is misleading in my book. True HD panels must have at
least 720
> horizontal lines to display 720p (to-be the most common broadcasted
feed)
> and the better panels do 1080p although these are expensive at the
moment.

I thought the "HD Ready" logo was fairly strictly controlled, and
could
only be applied to panels that have HDCP capable HDMI or DVI inputs, and
at least enough pixels for 720p...? Isn't there a "HD compatible"
moniker for the panels that can display a HDTV image, even if it's not
the full one?

(Also, I don't see how HDCP over Component would even be possible...)

Jim